Baldur’s Gate 3 (BG3) presents an intriguing and challenging scenario for players with the inclusion of a parasitic tadpole. Your character’s interactions and decisions can be heavily influenced by this parasite, and finding a way to deal with it becomes a crucial part of the gameplay.
The Quest to Aid Omeluum
Omeluum, a character residing in the Underdark, offers a solution to help you deal with the Illithid Tadpole. To access his assistance, you need to embark on a perilous journey to collect specific mushrooms, which are essential for creating a potion to potentially cure the parasite. Be aware that this quest might necessitate a robust Baldur’s Gate 3 cleric build.
Finding Omeluum in the Underdark
To start this quest, you need to locate Omeluum in the Underdark. Travel through one of the many entrances from the surface, with the recommended route being through the Goblin Camp. This route takes you to the Selunite Outpost and provides a useful waypoint. Upon reaching the Underdark, navigate to the northern part of the map to find the Myconid Colony. Gain access to the colony, stay on the right side, and look for the Hobgoblin merchant, Blurg, who will introduce you to Omeluum.
Speaking to Omeluum about the Illithid tadpole will set you on a quest to find the Tongue of Madness and Timmask Spores. He will inform you that a cleric named Lenore has both ingredients, and your map will be updated with the location of the Arcane Tower, marking the beginning of the main quest to assist Omeluum.
Aiding Omeluum’s Investigation
To obtain the required mushrooms:
- Head to the Arcane Tower in the southwest of the Underdark.
- First, make a stop at the western side to collect Sussur Blooms, which will aid you later.
- Upon reaching the Arcane Tower, prepare to enter turn-based mode due to the Arcane Turrets at the entrance.
- Use the Sussur Blooms to deactivate the turrets or alternatively, employ strong lightning spells like Call Lightning.
- Once inside, tackle two additional Arcane Turrets, and then access the southern balcony.
- Use the mushrooms attached to the tower to reach the floor below.
- Collect the Timmask Spores from the back wall behind the elevator and the Tongue of Madness from the large mushrooms growing in the corners.
Returning to Omeluum
After collecting the ingredients:
- Consider exploring the rest of the Arcane Tower, as there are numerous interesting sights and hidden secrets.
- Return to Omeluum, who will concoct a tincture for you.
- If you choose to drink it, be prepared for several saving throws, although the parasite will remain in your brain.
- Omeluum will offer his apologies and mention a Ring of Mind-Shielding that he possesses, which you will need to persuade him to give to you.
Conclusion and Future Gameplay
Completing this quest doesn’t rid your character of the parasite, but it does build a relationship with Omeluum, proving beneficial in later stages of the game. Helping Omeluum can also influence your standing with other companions, offering a unique layer to the intricate world of Baldur’s Gate 3.
- Where to Find Omeluum Later: Omeluum is initially found in the Myconid Colony during Act One but moves to the underwater prison outside of Baldur’s Gate in Act Three.
Should you help Omeluum? Absolutely! He proves to be a valuable ally as the game progresses.