As adventurers prepare for the exciting release of Season 5 in Deep Rock Galactic, understanding how to equip your dwarven miners with the best tools is key. This guide will detail the steps to unlock new weapons and enhance your gameplay experience.
How to Unlock Weapons in Deep Rock Galactic
Unlocking weapons is done through License Upgrade assignments, which are pivotal to your progress. Follow these steps to access new armaments:
- Navigate to the Assignment Board within the game.
- Find the License Upgrade assignment for your class.
- Accept the Assignment and complete the associated missions.
- A notification will appear post-mission to confirm your new weapon unlock.
Types of Unlockable Weapons
The game boasts an arsenal of weapons, categorized as follows:
- Primary weapons
- Secondary weapons
Each class can unlock a variety of weapons, including two grenades, two primary weapons, and one secondary weapon.
All Unlockable Weapons by Class
- Cryo Grenade (level 5)
- Pheromone Canister (level 10)
- M1000 Classic (level 10) – Primary
- Zhukov NUK17 (level 15) – Secondary
- DRAK-25 Plasma Carbine (level 20) – Primary
- Plasma Burster (level 5)
- Proximity Mine (level 10)
- “Stubby” Voltaic SMG (level 10) – Primary
- Breach Cutter (level 15) – Secondary
- LOK-1 Smart Rifle (level 20) – Primary
- High Explosive Grenade (level 5)
- Neurotoxin Grenade (level 10)
- Cryo Cannon (level 10) – Primary
- Experimental Plasma Charger (level 15) – Secondary
- Corrosive Sludge Pump (level 20) – Primary
- Incendiary Grenade (level 5)
- Cluster Grenade (level 10)
- “Thunderhead” Heavy Autocannon (level 10) – Primary
- BRT7 Burst Fire Gun (level 15) – Secondary
- “Hurricane” Guided Rocket System (level 20) – Primary
Equipping Unlocked Weapons
To wield your newly unlocked weapons, proceed to the Equipment Terminal and purchase your selected weapon after receiving the notification for new items.
Unlocking Weapons FAQ
How to unlock new weapons?
Complete the License Upgrade assignment related to the weapon you desire. After completion, you can purchase it at the Equipment Terminal.
How many unlockable weapons are there?
Each class has five unlockable weapons, totaling 20 unique weapons within the game.
Embark on your journey with the right equipment and face the challenges within the caverns of Hoxxes IV with confidence. For further guidance, don’t forget to check out our character promotion guide. Happy mining!